Many people talk about the famous Friendly Nations Visa to obtain residency in Panama. The most common way to obtain it is to invest $200,000 in local real estate, or in a term deposit, or in a combination of the two (if you stem from a “Friendly Nations country“)
This grants the investor, and his spouse, children, and both sets of grandparents temporary residency, which can then be converted to Permanent Residency after 2 years. The whole process takes about 2.5 years and 3 trips to Panama.
But few people discuss the Panama Qualified Investor Visa
For an investment of as little as $300,000 anyone from anywhere in the world can obtain Permanent Residency from day one in a single trip to Panama. The spouse, children, and both sets of grandparents can get this Permanent Residency in one family trip.
This is an amazing Plan B in a safe haven
Good weather, low to 0% taxes if structured properly, a great airport, good infrastructure, very decent financial services, etc. Panama is a great Plan A as well as a Plan B.
For many people, this is a no brainer.
I interviewed Giovanna and Wi Men, who helped me obtain residency in Panama, about this little-discussed option.
This is an increasingly popular option in a neutral country.
When I was at the immigration office there were many people from Latin America, North America, Western Europe, as well as Russians, and Chinese applying for residency.
Panama is neutral and focused on trade and business.
For more information on how to obtain residency in Panama or to get in touch with Wi Men and Giovanna, click here.
To a World of Opportunities,
The Wandering Investor
Other articles on Panama
- Panama Friendly Nations Visa through Work Permit and Company Formation
- The Pros and Cons of creating a crypto and stock trading Corporation in Panama
- Affordable Tax-Free Caribbean Lifestyle and Real Estate
- The Pros and Cons of investing in the Boquete Real Estate Market in Panama
- Catching a falling knife in Panama City Real Estate
- How to Obtain the Panama Retirement Visa
- Panama Permanent Residency in ONE trip
- What is the Panama Travel Passport and how to get it?
- The Pros and Cons of living in Panama
- How to buy a gun in Panama – Gun rights in Panama
Services in Panama:
- Remotely opening a bank account in Panama
- Real estate Lawyer in Panama
- How to Obtain Residency in Panama
If you want to discuss your internationalization and diversification plans, book a consulting session or send me an email.
*a consulting session is a discussion about your portfolio and objectives. It does not constitute legal, financial, tax or investment advice.