The recent crash of the Turkish Lira has been spectacular.
Being able to obtain Turkish citizenship for you and your family by buying $400,000 worth of Turkish real estate is an amazing deal, especially as prices are objectively extremely low for a historic city of over 15 million people such as Istanbul.
Volatility is the cost.
I’ve been a proponent of secondary market properties. In this video, I went to a new development with Keith, my real estate buyer’s agent in Istanbul, as he wanted to make the case that not all new developments are bad investments. In some cases, he believes, they can make sense for buyers.
Thereafter, we had a discussion on the impact of the recent Lira devaluation on the real estate market in Istanbul.
You can watch the video here.
If you want to get in touch with Keith to buy real estate in Istanbul and/or obtain citizenship in Turkey, you can do so here. If you use Whatsapp, include it in your communication with him.
To a World of Opportunities,
The Wandering Investor
Other articles on Turkey:
- Making a real estate investment in Izmir? A value play within Turkey
- People received a free citizenship AND made money – This is how
- Making a Real Estate Investment in Istanbul, Turkey – Overview and what to watch out for
- Don’t fall for this Real Estate and Citizenship trap in Turkey
- I bought an apartment in Istanbul
- Investing in a city of 15 million, with decent yields – and get a free passport
- One of the world’s easiest second residency programmes -Turkey
- Citizenship by Investment in Turkey, its timelines, exact fees, and traps to avoid
Available services in Turkey:
If you want to read more such articles on other real estate markets in the world, go to the bottom of my International Real Estate Services page.
If you want to discuss your internationalization and diversification plans, book a consulting session or send me an email.