I did quite a bit on content on real estate, citizenship and the economy in Turkey, but it turns out that Turkey is also a great residency option.
You can obtain residency for you and your family by just signing a lease agreement. Once you have your residency papers, you can live full-time in Turkey. Granted, such residency papers do not entitle you to engage in gainful employment, but you can work remotely, have access to all the great infrastructure in Turkey, and make it a convenient base for traveling.
Be careful not to fall into Turkey’s tax net as it is not a low tax country.
My friend Brian recently went through the whole process of applying for residency in Turkey which he explains in this video, as well as the lifestyle advantages and cost of living in Istanbul.
You can follow Brian on Instagram @brian.world
To a World of Opportunities,
The Wandering Investor
Other articles on Turkey:
- Making a real estate investment in Izmir? A value play within Turkey
- People received a free citizenship AND made money – This is how
- Making a Real Estate Investment in Istanbul, Turkey – Overview and what to watch out for
- Citizenship by Investment in Turkey – Timelines, fees, and traps to avoid
- I bought an apartment in Istanbul
- Don’t fall for this Real Estate and Citizenship trap in Turkey
- Investing in a city of 15 million, with decent yields – and get a free passport
- Are all new buildings in Istanbul a bad investment? Istanbul Real Estate December ’21 update
Available services in Turkey:
If you want to discuss your internationalization and diversification plans, book a consulting session or send me an email.