My Real Estate Buyer’s Agent and Renovation Team in Istanbul
Istanbul: A complex real estate market to navigate
I wrote a detailed analysis of the real estate market in Istanbul (here).
One of the first things I have to say is: don’t fall for all the overpriced new buildings that are being marketed in English and sold to unsuspecting foreigners (video here).
This is where Keith comes in.
Meet Keith, my real estate buyer’s agent and renovation manager in Istanbul
Keith and I immediately got along. He is from Nova Scotia, in Canada, where I spent my first years of primary school. He has been active in the Istanbul real estate market for over a decade, is fluent in Turkish, and knows the market in & out. He is also an avid squash player, having won the Turkish squash championships. Keith was ranked number 1 in Turkey throughout 2005-2010, was the South Korean champion in 1996, and was Eastern Canada champion 3 times (!). Needless to say, his high levels of energy come in handy when dealing with all his on-going renovation projects 🙂
For over a decade he has been an independent real estate buyer’s agent in Istanbul for locals, and renovation manager. As the market for international investors is growing, he has increasingly been helping foreigners invest in second hand apartments. This market is where money is to be made for investors, but also where there is the most complexity. Watch this video where Keith and I walk through one of his renovation projects, and where he shares all the numbers (prices, rental yields, etc).
So what is the workflow with Keith, my real estate buyer’s agent and renovation manager in Istanbul?
1. You get in touch with Keith directly with the form below or buy sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Keith charges 3% of the value of the real estate being bought. Agent commissions in Turkey are a standard 2%-3%. His commission is well deserved based on his deep understanding of the market and honest analysis. Good luck finding a local agent with the same skills set and work ethic.
3. If you are looking to do a renovation after the purchase, Keith will provide you with a full quote. You are more than welcome, and encouraged, to get other quotes as well.
4. If you recruit him for the renovation, he’ll manage it from A to Z.
5. He also offers full property management services, but only for clients who bought or renovated a property through him. Keith charges 10% of monthly rent for property management. As for finding tenants, tenants pay Keith one month of rent, so he doesn’t charge landlords for this service. This is yet another attractive feature of the Istanbul real estate market for investors.
Other articles on Turkey:
- Is investing in Turkey viable?
- Making a Real Estate Investment in Istanbul, Turkey – Overview and what to watch out for
- Citizenship by Investment in Turkey – Timelines, fees, and traps to avoid
- Don’t fall for this Real Estate and Citizenship trap in Turkey
- Investing in a city of 15 million, with decent yields – and get a free passport
- One of the world’s easiest second residency programmes -Turkey
Important to understand: The buyer’s agent and renovation services are performed by an agent. We at The Wandering Investor are a middleman and therefore have no liability.