I’ve been monitoring a real estate investment fund in Kyiv for a while as its positioning is quite unique in Europe. It claims it can reach gross yields of 18% without the use of leverage, by buying in a market that is down 75% from peak.
A Kyiv real estate focused investment fund
The Kiev Real Estate Recovery (KRER) investment fund is managed by a Canadian, John Suggitt, who has been active in Ukrainian private equity and real estate for 20 years.
Does 18% gross yields sound too good to be true? Or is it simply an undiscovered investment gem targeting a niche market in Europe?
Watch the discussion John and I have to form your own opinion. I asked many of the questions that needed to be asked, and dug into the numbers.
– Why Ukraine?
– Why a Real Estate investment in Ukraine?
– Why a Real Estate investment in Kyiv?
– A major catalyst: the mortgage market
– Impact of Covid on the real estate investment market in Kyiv
– Legal pitfalls when investing in real estate in Kyiv, Ukraine
– Case study 1 with yield calculation
– Key risk: the Ukrainian Hryvnia
– Case study 2 with yield calculation
– Case study 3 with yield calculation and Kiev Real Estate Recovery Fund 2 (KRER 2)
– Which auditor & fund structure
– Dividends of 10%
– Amounts raised
– Skin in the game
This is what I do at The Wandering Investor
I travel around the world, and find unique internationalization and diversification options.
To a World of Opportunities,
The Wandering Investor
Other articles on Ukraine:
- An ambiguous case – is now the time to invest in Ukraine?
- Is a real estate investment in Kiev, Ukraine, attractive?
Available services in Ukraine:
- An Independent Real Estate Buyer’s Agent and Renovation Manager in Kyiv
- Real Estate Lawyer in Kyiv, Ukraine
If you want to read more such articles on other real estate markets in the world, go to the bottom of my International Real Estate Services page.
If you want to discuss your internationalization and diversification plans, book a consulting session* or send me an email.
*a consulting session is a discussion about your portfolio and objectives. It does not constitute legal, financial, tax or investment advice.