Real Estate Lawyer in Kyiv, Ukraine
You want to purchase real estate in Kyiv, Ukraine after having read my article, and require a good lawyer to help you navigate the process?
Leonid will ensure you do not get “played” because let’s face it, that’s always a risk as a foreigner.
Buying real estate in Ukraine entails many potential traps. There are title deeds with gaps in ownership history, past transactions that were not concluded properly, potential claims due to bad debt, and homeowners associations that are bankrupt and cannot cover basic maintenance. It’s very important to have a competent lawyer to help you navigate the process.
Leonid has been helping foreigners conduct business in Ukraine for many years now. He can help in all matters related to immigration, business law, and real estate transactions. He can also help companies who want to create service centers in Ukraine to outsource and take advantage of its low cost, quality human capital.
In his free time, Leonid is dedicated to a charity he co-runs with other volunteers. They help the needy in Ukraine, and specialize in giving IT classes to people with disabilities so that they can earn a living online. His charity is called Philosophy of Kindness and you can access its Ukrainian language website here.
For any business that comes through The Wandering Investor, Leonid commits to give 10% back to the charity.
IMPORTANT: Be careful before using a lawyer proposed by your real estate agent. This point is valid for any international market in which you choose to invest. The reality is that there can be a conflict of interest in such cases. Though you are officially the lawyer’s client, who is more important? You and your single transaction, or the agent that brings dozens of clients? Using your own lawyer won’t be more expensive, but will offer you much more security.
Leonid can help you with real estate anywhere in Ukraine, not just in Kyiv.
Lawyer fees for a real estate transaction in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Verification of ownership details
- Verification of potential mortgage or lien on the property
- Obtaining a Ukrainian tax number
- Filling out the paperwork to legally bring money into Ukraine, so that the investor can then legally get his money out later on (very important)
- Drafting of sales contract
- Full registration services. The Lawyer will accompany you to the Public Service Hall
- Obtention of property registration certificate
- Can we done remotely through Power of Attorney
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with Leonid.
Other available services in Ukraine:
- An Independent Real Estate Buyer’s Agent and Renovation Manager in Kyiv
- How to obtain Residency in Ukraine
Articles on Ukraine:
Important to understand: The real estate legal services are performed by a lawyer. We at The Wandering Investor are just a middleman and therefore have no liability.