I sat down with Leonid, my lawyer in Ukraine, and he elaborated on how to obtain residency in Ukraine.
There are the usual suspects such as family reunification and marriage, but there is also a residency by investment option.
The easiest way is to create a LLC, and appoint yourself its director in order to apply for a work permit. This entitles you to a 3 year renewable residency visa. You then have the right to live in beautiful Ukraine, a large country with vast natural resources, over 40 million people, and one of the most affordable lifestyles anywhere in the world. Kyiv, the capital city, is one of my favourite cities in Europe.
Ukraine is not a tax haven. But many people simply create a sole proprietorship on the side (FOP in Ukrainian) and get taxed at a rate of 5% on turnover. Lawyers and accountants are generally fairly creative and one rarely hears people complain about taxes, unlike in the West.
You can watch the short video on how to obtain residency in Ukraine here.
Contact Taras to obtain residency in Ukraine
Articles on Ukraine:
- Kyiv Real Estate Market update September 2022
- Massive Privatization of Real Estate in Ukraine
- A real estate investment in Kyiv, Ukraine, with 18% gross yields?
- Is a real estate investment in Kiev, Ukraine, attractive?
Available services in Ukraine:
- An Independent Real Estate Buyer’s Agent and Renovation Manager in Kyiv
- How to obtain Residency in Ukraine
- A Real Estate Lawyer in Kyiv, Ukraine
If you want to discuss your internationalization and diversification plans, book a consulting session* or send me an email.
*a consulting session is a discussion about your portfolio and objectives. It does not constitute legal, financial, tax or investment advice.