Create a company in Montenegro
Are you looking to create a company in Montenegro?
The following will be covered in this article:
1. Why create a company in Montenegro
2. Cases in which a company in Montenegro is NOT appropriate
3. My lawyer’s fees to create a company in Montenegro
1. Why create a company in Montenegro?
- Foreigners can own a company in Montenegro.
- A 9% corporate income tax rate up to €100,000 profit, 12% between €100,000 and €1.5 million, and 15% above that. 15% dividend tax, amongst the lowest in Europe.
- A good way to claim back VAT on some real estate transactions in Montenegro, thus saving a lot of money.
- Owning a company, appointing yourself as the director, and paying yourself the minimum wage qualifies you for residency. So yes, moving to Montenegro is not only lovely, but easy as well.
2. Cases in which incorporating in Montenegro is NOT appropriate
Some offshore incorporators will try to sell you a Montenegro corporation as a great offshore structure. It’s not.
The reality is that it is appropriate only for:
- People who live in Montenegro and want to use the structure for their business internationally.
- People who want to use the company to obtain a residency visa
- People who want to do business in Montenegro.
- People who want to optimize taxes when buying real estate. If you purchase a new apartment or building in Montenegro using a company, you can claim VAT back. This can have a very quick return on investment. For an article on real estate in Montenegro, click here.
If you live in Montenegro and have an online or offshore business, then it might work for you, but the reality is that banking in Montenegro is quite bureaucratic. You’ll be expected to physically go to the bank on a regular basis to deal with issues. So if you are in Montenegro, it’s fine. But if you live far away, it’s not a good option.
3. My incorporator’s fees to create a company in Montenegro
Andreas, my incorporator in Montenegro is really great. He’s reasonably priced, speaks English, German and Montenegrin fluently.
Creating a company in MontenegroLLC / DOO
- Documentation preparation and registration in about a week
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Company seal and stamp
- Official registered company address
- Obtention of tax number (PIB)
- Registration of the company director for insurance and social security contributions with the tax authorities
- Can be done entirely remotely with a Power of Attorney
|Business bank account opening||€150|
|Personal bank account opening||€150|
A Word of Caution
I am not an expert in company formation. I just have a great network of people who can get things done at fair prices thanks to all the travels and deals I’ve done internationally. My incorporator in Montenegro is an expert on Montenegro, but not necessarily on all the other structures available worldwide.
If you want to discuss your structure and all the tax implications before making a move, you can discuss with my tax experts who help people with all their international tax issues and questions. Click here to find out more about their services.
If you are confident a company in Montenegro is right for you, then do get in touch with Andreas.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below to get in touch with him
Other services in Montenegro:
- How to obtain Residency in Montenegro
- A Real Estate Lawyer in Montenegro
- My Favourite Real Estate Agents in Montenegro
Articles on Montenegro: